While building your website, you might ask yourself, ‘Should I use WordPress for my website?’. This is a very valid question because there are a ton of other platforms out there to consider. However, WordPress has a lot of benefits and functionalities other platforms don’t have.
In this article, we will give you five main reasons to use WordPress when developing your website. But first, what is a WordPress website?
What is a WordPress Website?
WordPress is the most popular website builder and Content Management System used by developers and novices alike in creating their website. The platform is free to use, allowing users to download and install the WordPress software on their system, or make use of the online platform.
Here are five main reasons you should use WordPress to develop your website.
Five Benefits of WordPress for Website Development
1) The Platform is Secure
As a website owner, one of the main things you should look for when picking a platform to develop your website is security. When the question ‘should I use WordPress for my website, ‘ in terms of safety, our answer is an absolute yes.
WordPress is a safe and secure CMS. Although the platform may not be completely free from hackers and malicious attacks, users of this platform continuously remain safe because the site is enhanced with added security features like password protection for folder contents and two-factor authentication.
Other measures WordPress provides users and developers to keep their website safe include:
- SSL certificate integration on your WordPress site
- Various WordPress security plugins for added protection
- WordPress backup plugins to recover your data if your site gets hacked
2) Easily Customizable Platform
You may be asking, ‘is WordPress easy to use?’ The answer is ‘yes,’ and this is evident from its straightforward customizable interface.
The platform is easy to use, and many users don’t have any tech skills. Anyone can use WordPress, and the platform makes it even more comfortable for users with its:
- Thousands of free customizable website templates
- Thousands of free and straightforward plugins
WordPress is a novice’s dreamland. Its website templates can let you upload your logo, change the font, change color and background, and customize your sliders. All without prior coding experience.
The WordPress plugins can help you add custom functionality to your WordPress site and transform it into your dream website.
3) WordPress is SEO Friendly
Another thing you need to know about WordPress is that it is extremely SEO friendly. Search engine optimization, as you should know, is essential in helping your website stay relevant on search engines. However, not all platforms or web developers place SEO at the forefront of their website development.
With WordPress, you can ensure that the content on your site is relevant to what your target audience is searching for. In fact, WordPress ensures that you utilize your SEO checklist like keywords, speed optimization, backlinks, etc. for a proper search engine optimized website.
Some other ways WordPress helps your SEO ranking are by:
- Optimizing images for search engines.
- Reducing load time. This is very important because if your website’s loading time is high, visitors will leave, your bounce rate will increase, and search engines will rank your website low.
- Adding customizable permalinks for various pages on your website. This helps visitors and search engines figure out the topics of said pages, and increase CTR. Adding keywords to permalinks can also help improve your search engine ranking.
- Automatically adding metadata to your website pages.
- Optimizing website for mobile phones.
Although WordPress helps you in your SEO, you might want to make use of professional writers when creating SEO content. Content service review websites like Pick The Writer and Writing Judge come in handy in cases like this.
4) WordPress Gives you Full Control of Your Website
WordPress is an open-source program, with free controls and functionality for users. While some platforms like Shopify, Squarespace, and even WIX have restrictions for users until they buy a premium package, WordPress gives users full control once everything is all set up.
Unlike these other platforms, with WordPress, you have control over:
- Whatever hosting platform you decide to use. Although WordPress is in partnership with the Bluehost service, you can test out different hosting platforms until you find the one that works for you.
- The eCommerce side of the platform. There are many plugins you can use to get your eCommerce website on WordPress to look the way you want it to look.
- Your website content. You have full ownership of the content on your website, and even if you decide to move to another platform, you can move your content with you
- Coding changes you might want to carry out on your website. You can change the coding on the site as there is a ton of information on WordPress’s coding language.
5) Global Support Community
Finally, using the WordPress software to develop your website means that you have a large community of global support should you need it. WordPress is open-source software, and there are a ton of professionals who continuously review and update the platform with the latest technologies. These professionals are also helpful in providing support for your website in terms of designs, themes, plugins, styling, and widgets.
This is very important as if you have any issues while developing your website with WordPress, you can quickly get solutions from the WordPress community. If you are looking for WordPress communities, sites like WordPress forum, WordCamps, etc. are excellent places to start.
If your question before you started this article was ‘should I use WordPress for my website,’ or ‘What is WordPress used for’ we hope we have answered it. While these are just five reasons to use WordPress when developing your website, there are many more reasons, and you can conduct more research before making a decision.
However, it is safe to say that these reasons should be convincing enough if you were on the fence about it. WordPress is the most popular website platform for a reason. If you have more detailed questions or want to get a new business website, give us a call or use our contact form to get started.