Good Friday everyone! I hope you had a great week and that a nice weekend is awaiting you. Here in Victoria, the weather has definitely been summery.
To finish your week on a reflective note (remember that article from last week about taking time to stop and reflect?) or in learning mode, here are my 5 favourite articles I read this week.
- This short read from Social Media today covers the basics of using traditional and digital PR to promote your business. Tried-and-true PR techniques still do work, and may even work better thanks to social media.
- According to a new study, newsletters might just be the most effective way to reach business executives. Marketing Land has the highlights.
- Detecting sarcasm may be one of the hardest things to do online... but don't worry, the U.S. Secret Service is on the case. They're looking to find a program that will actually be able to differentiate sarcasm from statements.
- How would you like a personalized experience on the web, every day? Adobe is working on a product that would provide tailored content instead of a static web page that's the same for everyone. This would definitely change the way we distribute and share content.
- What I really enjoyed about this Hubspot article is its clear articulation of why inbound marketing works. This might just change the way you see online marketing.
What's on your reading list this weekend? Share your favourite articles with us. If you wrote something awesome, we'd love to feature you on our Friday reading list!
Anabelle is Stikky Media's official wordsmith and grammar police. She loves writing, social media and learning how this wonderful thing called the "web" actually works. Officially known by her ex-colleagues from grad school as "the jargon killer", she loves combining plain language with complex ideas. When she isn't writing for Stikky or grading student assignments, you can find her knitting a lace shawl, finding occasions to speak French, sipping tea or making stories up. If you have any questions, comments or fan mail, you can reach her at [email protected].